Sunday, October 30, 2011

THE BLOG: Repurposed

So, YES, it’s been a minute. Please…. It’s been a HOT MINUTE since I’ve jumped back in to the world of BLOGGERS. Wanna know why? I was just sick of what it had turned into for me. Comparison and frustration run-a-muck I guess you can say. With that being said...I'm not going to rant on like I did in my first draft, just know that this is taking on a different purpose for me from here out!

NEW Purpose. NEW Direction. And NEW HONESTY for goodness sakes! My hope for this blog is that I can finally, stop pretending, and just be honest. Honest with God and myself first, and then honest with everyone else. I am guilty of caring too much about what people think. And if for a second you think that you don’t too, just a little bit, you probably never lie either,….Right? ;)

My personal mission is for God to be a bigger part of our marriage, and a bigger part of our home. He is BIG. So much bigger the box I used to put Him in that was tiny, and bigger than the box I keep Him in now. Therefore, my PASSION and MISSION for this blog is REALNESS. Because life ain’t always pretty, but those ugly moments are soo incredibly important and NECESSARY so we can learn and grow as Christians, as wives, as mom’s, as daughters, as employees, as employers, as friends, etc….
So, here are my plans and NEW rules for myself with blogging, and that you might notice within this blog…

1) It is not to brag nor boost, nor seek selfish gratification.
a.DISCLAIMER: sometimes, I may need to brag about my baby or share a pat on the back moment, but I will try to be mindful of stating that ahead of time so for those of you who have admitted to being sensitive to that- will note my awareness!!
2) It is to share what’s going on in the life of The ABC-Dixon Family, and what God is teaching us.
3) It is to be open and honest about some of the cool- teachable moments God gives us, as well as some of those sucky-hate it, wish it didn’t happen to me moments as well.
4) It is to encourage others to OPEN and HONEST as well! With yourselves, your spouses, your friends, etc.
5) It will likely present challenges that marriages and families face and what you might do in those moments.
6) It is also to challenge ALL of my readers, whoEVER the mess you people are in South America and Alaska and everywhere else, to push yourselves to become more and more selfless in all walks of life you are in.

I am not perfect. My marriage is not perfect. My parenting is not perfect. My cooking is not perfect. But now that I have that out of the way-again, not for you, but really for ME to remain mindful of, I am excited to see what God can do in my life. And I am HONORED for those of you who may or may not read this, that you are willing to listen to my rants or moments, and I hope that in some way, it may challenge you as well.

Thanks for loving me enough to read this thing! And always note…your comments DO matter, because they encourage me…not selfishly, but it lets me know you care and encourages me to write again!! Mucho love friends!!

4 comments:

  1. I guess I am one of those who don't really know where any of that came from. I never felt that your were being boastful in your blogs. I was happy to read how proud of your baby you are, and that things were going good for you. No one was under any delusions that your life is perfect (or that you thought it was), but I did feel that you were happy with where you were. Too many people use the internet to complain. And yes, sometimes that is ok, but goodness, be positive once in a while. It makes it seem like those people had forgotten how blessed they were. So please please don't lose your positivity. Love you Joanna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! And looking forward to reading whatever you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, never thought you were bragging or anything. But the Lord only knows what is in our hearts, right? That is all that matters! I could have written this exact same post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Kayla, never had ANY negative thoughts about your blog. I LOVE when you share your heart. WHATEVER is in it. I love hearing it. Keep talking girl.

    ReplyDelete