Friday, January 28, 2011

It's All Business....well, ALMOST....

So I have been thinking a lot lately, well, about a lot of different things, but on this, it’s about my mommy role with little Miss Annabelle Cate.  I have come to realize…and I am sure I’m not the only one…That as a mommy, I’m all business.  Not not ALWAYS all, but for the most part…I’m the one feeding, changing, wiping noses, restraining on the changing pad, bathing, cleaning, saying “No No,” and “Time Out,” and “Wait” and you get the picture.  (And Stephen MORE then pulls his daddy duty time and does the same, just stay with me…) But I also get the privileges of rocking, reading, and singing our little angel to sleep each night. 

Now we do fun things like paint, color, sing and tomorrow we’re going to make a Valentines Box, and things like that. All of this to be said, when a certain someone is acting ugly or smacks their mommy or whatever, I am AMAZED at how she lights up when her daddy walks into the room.  Here I am looking like some crazy woman who takes 2 hours to get ready every morning because I am getting milk, fixing breakfast, cleaning up, entertaining, and trying to get dressed and made up while closing drawers and retrieving deodorant and other middle drawer items…and sometimes, I’m not happy jolly jojo…I’m kinda annoyed “That’s a No—Mommy.”  

Stephen however, he’s the fun one….like that’s so hard to believe.  But between the feeding, cleaning up, the teaching, the napping, etc, he is in the floor with her, playing little games with her, challenging her on her big girl slide, it’s just too adorable to see how absolutely crazy she is about her dad.  It makes me stop and think….I want her to giggle that hard for me…I mean she does, especially when I’m putting her to bed at night.  But when I’m around my nieces or nephews or other babies and kids, I do all I can to quickly win their affection…Why don’t I do that for my little one EVERY  DAY!?!?  I do some, but she’s the one I really want that fun connection with, not just the formal and cuddly connection. 

All of this to be said…Don’t forget to get in the floor and just play with her….and read books in places other than the rocking chair….and leave the day in the garage and get ready to giggle and love when I walk through the door and see a baby held midair by a daddy hiding in the laundry room. 

Please don’t misread me, I play, we have fun and laugh, and I am always ALWAYS delighted to see my baby…I just need to remember to have FUN with her.  And lighten up on the tasky part of parenting  a little bit!!  Our little ones need our best, our fun, our loves. PUT DOWN the computer, the phone, the remote, and get in the floor and play. Teach your kid stuff, they are little sponges!!  Put a benchmark out for your child…that’s the only way they will reach it!!  

I’m gonna see what difference I can make in ME this week and see what difference it makes in US!


No comments:

Post a Comment