Ok, as you all know, parenthood is a journey. And it’s been a journey for me especially…no exception! With our whirlwind of a pregnancy, crazy crazy-land of a 2010 with practicum, work, childcare struggles and battle of self between the “work vs don’t work” as a momma…it’s safe to say, we have come a long way!!
My final breakthrough was the week before Christmas. If you’re a dude…………….go get something to drink here……………. So after the baby, I got an IUD and they sometimes slow down your cycle, regulate it, and since having AB, I’ve only had 1 visit from that special friend, and it was NOTHING! (I also thought we were pregnant then b/c I hadn’t had cramps or bloating in almost 2 years!) ALL of that to be said…..I don’t have the hormonies I once had, which is some seriously nice regulation. BUT….I end up having the brake-through hormonies every now and again! And right before Christmas…..I had one.
Between the 14 month old traipsing about the house, and testing limits right and left, and the holiday push push push…..and then, I was late to the work Christmas breakfast! I lost it! I had had one of those mornings where AB didn’t sleep great the night before, and it was a war zone around out house! Struggling to get out the door, crying (both of us) all the way to Mothers Day Out, and dropping her off, she starts crying, I do again, and work was my sanctuary to breathe for the day! I am fortunate to have some awesome coworkers who support me and who I love, and a boss who is great and listens sometimes when I just need to remind myself that I am NOT perfect and don’t have to be!
I am SOOO happy to report, that every day since, has just been better and better for me! And I think for her too!! We just came to an understanding, that she is independent and exploring, and I sooo get that… but at the same time, Stephen and I are the bosses, and we just take a deep breath, and go with the flow.
Every day we have more and more fun, and laugh a little more at tantrums, and let the little things roll off of our shoulders. She is learning so much, and said “Love U” today, officially! It started with “LU-B” and then “Lu-B U!” How stinking cute is that!! And on the way home from life group (the last one Stephen will have to miss b/c of work!!) we started singing to the radio "BOOM BOOM BOOM, gotta get that...BOOM BOOM BOOM" she kept saying Boom x3 and it was the funniest thing! Then, getting her down for bed, she just finds new ways to giggle and stay up! One minute, I’m reading her “Good Night Moon” and the next thing I know…there is a little bitty finger up my nose! And my startle-ment makes her giggle! So what does she do…keeps putting her finger up my nose for a reaction! It was so funny! And then, she stops…cozies up into mommy’s boosies, and starts humming, waiting for our song. Then that head gets heavy, and I just kept rocking her……Just thanking God for this little booger…literally. She always has been, but I find that more so every single day, she is the little sparkle in her daddy and my eyes, and makes it all worth it!
The tough days, the long days, even the “do over” days… We may long for 8am….but I never grow weary of hearing that sweet little voice singing and chatting at 7 am (6:55 like clockwork) and then by the 7:15 time limit… “Mama? Mama!...MAMA!! MaMA!?!?” It is so priceless.
Being a parent, is by NO means of the word, EASY, but what it is, is exciting, and challenging, and special…and PRICELESS! You have no idea how deep from my heart that comes. Being a parent is one of the biggest challenges we have ever had. There is so much worry about whether or not you are doing it right…what will she grow up to be like…is she on track…should we do this differently??? It’s a never ending stream of doubt and question. Heck, if you want to feel like total crap and doubt yourself as a person…raise a child!! But on the same token…. If you want to feel needed, and important, and vital, and special, and purposed, have a child!
Stephen and I have so much more PURPOSE in our lives now. We are good, God fearing people, but having this little life that we are responsible for, makes us a little more important, and makes each decision we make, and each step we take that much more PURPOSED! God is good, and we are taking this year as a STARTING point for being more disciplined in our lives, more purposed with our time and energies, and more engaged with one another when we are at home. I love my husband. I love sweet baby girl…whom I may start calling “BoBo” for endearing purposes. But most of all, I LOVE that God chose this life for me! Perfect, it is not. But perfect for me…it most DEFINITELY is!
Here’s to what 2011 brings for this fun little group I call my loves, my lifelines, my FAMILY!
Here's AB with her precious cousins on Christmas Eve at mom and dad's!
CAN'T believe they all looked at the same time!
Time out for getting into the doggie bowl, AGAIN! Then bed head this morning while waiting on daddy to get home! And Lunch at KABUTO with Memaw and Great Memaw!











You are SUCH a good momma. Annabelle is really blessed to have you because she is going to be raised to be a strong, independent, passionate, loving, hilarious, and intelligent young lady.
ReplyDeletewhatdoyaknow - my child has a bruise on his head! ha :-)
ReplyDelete