Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Me Vida Loca


Soooo Soooo much has gone one this November! We have been so busy…beyond the CRAZY Christmas décor that has vomited all over our house and the shopping fun and the holiday baking and eating and cooking again and eating more, we have been BUSY!

Stephen has been working overtime on a pretty frequent basis, and his on-call weekend the weekend before Turkey day, He worked ALL day Saturday and all afternoon and evening Sunday. And I’ll be honest here, I hate it! Every day! I hate waiting until he gets off at 7….and waiting…..until 7:30….or until 8:30 because somebody decided it was a good idea to start a surgery at 6pm when all of their support staff who have worked 12 hours with a 30 minute break for lunch, are FINALLY about to get home. Those nights….SUCK! I miss my man.

And then I have been seeing cases in my practice pretty steadily, about a solid 7 sessions a week in the evenings after my FT gig at the ole Youth Villages… So that makes for a long day, and I get home around 8:30, just in time to put my super tired baby girl to bed on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s, or not at all like tonight because I didn’t get home until almost 9:30. NOT a sob-fest…no tiny violin’s playing for me….we have chosen this right now, and recognize that it is another season in our lives. It hasn’t been nearly as difficult as my 2010 was while finishing grad school…. (Reference all blogs from 2010 to hear the anxiety behind EVERYTHING!)

Needless to say, we have been selfish with our time- well as much as the holiday’s will allow…but We haven’t wanted date nights without AB or to hang much with anyone other than each other. For my friends…they are pretty used to this song and dance from me I guess… But I am officially ready for this holiday season! To have some down time… I may even request a couple of days off around Christmas so I can just STOP for a while before 2012 gets here.



I plan to blog in a couple of weeks about 2012, but I may just go into it now. We anticipate a big shift in 2012. Let it be known….we are officially TRYING for baby Dixon #2. Though I have to say, we love this age and phase that little AB is in right now. She is just so stinking fun and cute in any and everything she does!! We are just enjoying and delighting ourselves in every minute with her! Fortunately Stephen gets to be home with her when he is off and not working overtime on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s and I get a long evening with her on Monday’s and Wednesday’s.

So there is a lot of hope behind that. A lot of trust. A lot of discipline and a lot of patience. We are daily trying to remain faithful to God and whatever his will is for us, but it is a daily battle of wills. I’ll be honest…I’ve been known to be stubborn headed…and I kind of have a plan that I would REALLY like to make happen regarding WHEN we get pregnant (which would have been in August…STRIKE #1) and when my short term disability would kick in (in October when I signed up for it so we could have a baby next summer…STRIKE #2, not until January) and a few other things… All of which is in hopes of being able to work less and fulfill my other roles more, though I have to say….in this CRAZY life we have going for ourselves as Dixon’s, we definitely make the best team imaginable for our circumstances.

So I’ll try to keep you guys as updated as possible as we go. Meanwhile….Heads up for some fun pictures to bring you up to speed from our Fall and holiday season. Merry Kwanza, Happy Hanukah, Feliez Navidades, Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays to everyone!! We’ll keep you posted as we continue to walk this journey into an awaited 2012…. For now…enjoy every day…every moment, because our little one is bigger, smarter, and more grown up every day, and tomorrow will worry for itself!!

Be Blessed friends! And Much Love- The Dixons xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment