Well it's official....we're PREGNANT!! As if you didn't know! I'm officially writing this blog with 9 weeks left in my pregnancy. Let's be honest... when you have 1 at home...a full time gig and a private practice on the side... you can imagine that my time to get it all together and stop and document life...just DOESN'T Happen. I don't think we have taken a single Baby Bump shot at all yet. We have my whole pregnancy and AB's first year documented in photos... the 2nd time around... NOT so much!
So here is my attempt at getting it all together, putting it out there one at a time, and summing it up all before little Emmie gets here.
We started trying to for baby 2 in August of 2011. We thought we were ready, and were exceptionally hopeful about growing our family, but 11 months later...when we finally DID get pregnant, I can't tell you HOW much better the timing is for us as a family! God knew! He's always so good and faithful to us and knowing what's best-even when we convince ourselves that our way is best.
In those 11 months I could have taken out stock in Clear Blue Easy and other digital tests....trust me...they don't work any better than the one from Dollar General that told me YES when I finally was! It was fine the first few months, then come 2012...and I was ready. So every month got a little discouraging when it turned out I wasn't. When we finally did a little research and found out that I wasn't really ovulating, I went the help route with my OB's oversight. In May, we did our first round of Chlomid to get things moving, and when we went back to find out if it worked, and got the results that they thought it "hadn't" I was devastated. I got the news at work and really lost it for the first time. Out of those 11 months, I for the first time truly felt defeat and sadness. I knew God would bless our family because it was a genuine desire of our hearts to grow our family, but I couldn't understand what was happening. We decided immediately that I (we) needed a family get away to the beach and booked a long weekend then and there- set to get out of town in early September (2 months away).

About 3 weeks later, while falling asleep at my desk around 2pm...and driving home wanting NOTHING but a big greek salad, humus and pita bread, I knew...something was up. Keep in mind I was used to about a 50 day cycle so there was no dependability on that for a regular check in on things... So I took a test that next morning before work, and without a moment of waiting, there were 2 big red lines!! I was PREGNANT!! (insert hallelujah choir here)
I couldn't WAIT to tell Stephen, but he was at work and I wanted something special!! So...what better way than a cookie cake presented by his little love bug!
So I was almost 8 weeks pregnant when we found out, which was great because I practically skipped most of the first trimester! My due date is March 2nd, and we couldn't be more excited about the timing for our family, the time of year, and the fact that I still wear my wedding ring and band on my ring finger 31 weeks in.... AMAZING!!
So we went on our family trip to the beach and it was perfect! PLUS a happy little bun in the oven to go with us! Thanks for reading and I'll try to keep on this a little better. Best to all my friends!
And here is an EXTRA sweet pic of my baby girl out at A&A's new property this summer.. it was such a sweet shot!!
I don't even remember you all taking that shot but oh how I love it! I cannot wait to love on another Dixon niece! You know we ADORE ADORE ADORE Annabelle Cate and I just cannot fathom how much we'll adore Emmie Ryan!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for going through all the hard work to provide such awesome nieces for me :) :) :)
Awe thanks sis!!! We can balance eachother out with our girl making and your boys!! It helps for the great feeling of completion! Love you so!!
Delete