Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back to Work....First Ever Blog!

So, on January 4th I returned to work. Little bit had 12 weeks of nothing but momma and daddy, and now, reality of being a working mom has set in. Oddly enough, Sunday night, the 3rd, I decided "let's try to let Miss Annabelle cry it out, or 'CIO' as my Babywise friends would know it as." Seriously, the night befor my first day to work....not only will I not offer some late night boobie time, but I'm gonna be gone all day too! WHAT was I thinking!?!? Well, I gave in at about 5am, but she started at about 2, went back to bed for 45 minutes, and repeat as necessary. AMAZINGLY....the next night...11 hours! And with the exception of 1 or 3 nights, it's been 11-12 hours of straight sleep for our little lovey!! Whoop Whoop!! THANK YOU Babywise, Baby Whisperer, and my special Babywise support group!

I worked it to get this little one to sleep all night and found that day time sleep begats NIGHT TIME SLEEP!! She naps, she eats, she plays, and we're good. Our newest and more frustrating challenge now has been what appears to be a temperment issue. Annabelle smiles, laughs, coos, gurgles, and loves getting eaten up by mommy and daddy...but most others...she's not wanting you to get in her face or take her from us. I mean, if no one else is there to take her, she is the happiest baby you know. But out of her comfort zone, and she wants to fuss? Oye. It's been a little frustrating, but then I'm just reminded that she has a very strong bond to Stephen and I and that shows a healthy attachment....which the marriage/family therapist in me knows that she will thank us for that in the future with relationships...but now, it's just a little discouraging. She can calm down with family, but it takes a little bit of time if she doesn't know them well. Any tips are welcomed. We are just trying to socialize her more and accept the fact that she is selective about who she wants to trust. Now...you get her belly full and a good nap in her and she'll go to anybody...but the slightest bit sleepy or hungry, and it's no bueno. UNLESS you're Uncle Ryan- she's quite smitten with him it seems?



So, I'm officially a working mom, and blessed to be able to work from home some, which she takes a great mid day nap for me so I can be more productive than I thought! And I started my practicum/internship for grad school at Madison Christian Counseling Center and it's going great thus far! Lots to learn but I'm pumped! Time is limited and I don't get to see people like I want, but God is good. He has blessed me with a job I love, a boss who is wonderful, flexibility to get school and work in while still getting good quality family time in, and free weekends to share with our wonderful family and friends! I look forward to this blogging experience and the opportunities to get help and info from my friends and family on here. Hopefully I figure this mess out sooner then later!

Be Blessed! More to come in the future!!

jo

3 comments:

  1. so excited to keep up with you all on here. HOWEVER! i need a lunch date soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Let's shoot for another day next week? Maybe Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading your blog! Annabelle is PRECIOUS!!

    Courtney West

    ReplyDelete