Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I have a BABY!

I am restless. It's 1am, Thursday. I have a day full of travel and meetings ahead of me, and what am I doing...looking through every album of pictures and videos since Annabelle has been born...well, created really! Prego pictures...which I personally feel I was a lot cuter pregnant then post partum, but that's nither here nor there.

Oh me. I saw video footage of AB's first bath at the hospital. That sweet little cry and lip quiver. I just want to swoop her up and rescue her! But to see those delivery pictures and that crazy squished up head and mess of a beautiful baby that I couldn't imagine loving more, it just makes me tear up!
I find myself thinking back to those wonderful 2 days in the hospital....Titans Suite...having great friends and family in there visiting and loving on us.  Nurses taking great care of us. Finally getting to sleep on my tummy for the first time in 9 months (and 1 week).  It was great! I just remember that confusing newness of mommyhood. Having something that was dependant on me, the milk I could produce for her, the love that I could give her, and of course Stephen being amazing and letting me do my thing and helping in everyway possible!  It was just awesome. I remember waiting for them to bring her to me in the mornings, I would have already gotten up and gotten ready, so I didn't waste any of my time with her on me. I remember that sweet new way that she smelled, the fuzzy fullness of all of her crazy hair, and her sweet itty bitty cry! It was just so incredibly precious. Those moments are so special and we have some great pictures to help us remember them all!  (sorry for the 1st one) 


In all of that, I am truly amazed at how far I have come as a mom and caregiver. Amazed at how much more I know, and not because of all of the "good advice" you get before you have a baby, but because you just FIGURE IT OUT! 


 
It wasn't easy, and I did ask for advice along the way, but I am proud to say that this little booger is an excellent product of her daddy and me!  We prayed all along for her to look like me and act like her daddy.  Have pretty brown hair, beautiful blue Dixon eyes, cute little features, and a Calm-Chillaxed-disposition. And for the most part, she got all of that.  She is a good calm little wee one, but I'll be danged if she doesn't look JUST like Stephen Michael and act like me! OH the battle of wills HATH BEGUN!  I know I know though, I'm in charge and I don't have to  prove anything to her as she gets older, just be consistent and always stick to my word. But wow. She is  a LOT like her momma!! 


I can see it now, that this is going to be a fun and precious little girl!!  She is SO good in public (and at home) and everyone compliments her. She has fun little qwerky things that she does....like scrunch up her little nose and sniff at you, do her silly little air gasping noise and conversational giggles, blow kisses, play patty cake, give kisses, and yes...wait for it...she IS learning to "Raise the Roof!"  She's so funny! 


 
But all of that to be said, I can't believe sometimes that I'm a momma!!  It amazes me at how much love you are capable of!  The best way for me to describe it, is to take the person I love so much and combine him with the other person I love so much (myself) and then you wrap it up in this adorable package and there you have her!  Annabelle Cate! 

Well, that little girl is about 6 weeks from being 1 year old!  I know, I know!  But it's true!!  We have been so blessed, and with all of those memories out there and ready to be added to the collection, I'm gonna try to get at least 5 hours of sleep now. AB doesn't miss 7am but by about 5 minutes, give or take. 



Love you friends. Enjoy your babies!! We are so blessed!!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! I just showed Beatrice AB's pic and she kissed the screen! Happy almost birthday Annabelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Aly!! How funny. AB sends suggars back to her pen-pal Bea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The really amazing part will come when you have another baby and think that you could NEVER love another baby as much as your first, how will you "split" your love between 2 (or more) kids? Then you realize that your heart (& love) grow, it doesn't split! You are on an amazing journey, sister, and you are just at the beginning! Yay for you!
    ~~Jennifer Olson

    ReplyDelete