At about 9pm, I crawled out of bed, and proceeded to “toss some serious cookies” and so on and so on.…over, and over, and over. All night long. This was going to be one of those sucky sick days where you are miserable and can’t get comfy, and can’t enjoy just being at home. So when AB woke up around 7 this morning, I had to have Stephen get her, b/c I didn’t want to get her sick, but she saw momma and reached and fussed a little. Oh, how I just wanted to scoop her up! That’s the worst! So I left the recliner (where I stayed ½ the night) and went back to our bed where she couldn’t see me-and where I stayed until almost 10am!! It’s just too hard to not get to love on that little love bug, especially after a LONG day the day before of only seeing her to get her up and dressed and hand her off so I can attempt to get to class on time.
The worst of it all was finally past me around lunch time, and though I thought I could get out with Stephen-we had to get a page notarized for house paperwork stuff at the bank up the road, I realized shortly after leaving that I needed to go home. I still felt yuck and that was compounded by being exhausted and feeling like I’d been hit by a truck. So Stephen dropped his girls off and AB and I snuggled and watched Sesame St. It was her first time, and every time that little Elmo popped on the screen, she just pointed and clapped. SO cute! So she napped on me, I dozed in and out of a girlie movie, Kate and Leopold, and it was the best part of the day!
So after I finally put little bit in her crib, I still felt yuck and thought…I’m gonna call mom, she is teaching up here in Gallatin, she can stop by and rub my back and make it all better…but nope, MOM was sick too! WHAT?? My mom never gets sick, how can we both be sick at the same time? Stink. That is just not acceptable. Mommies are not really allowed to get sick, ya know? I guess I am one now, and need to get used to giving when babies are sick, and not expecting to be babied...I'm going to miss that being babied thing though!!
So, whatever it is that’s going around, it’s strong. Steer clear of others with it. Wash your hands like crazy. And if you DO have to stay home sick, try to find the good, and snuggle with your wee one (safely, not too many kisses), or you pup! I’ve snuggled them both today, and between that and the cute family pix Gina posted, I am FINALLY starting to feel a bit better. Back to the ole grind tomorrow.








I woke up sick this morning :(
ReplyDeleteNo fun. At least I have a wee one to snuggle.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete