Holy Hannah!! Where have we been!?!?!?
Let's just say, just when I thought life was slowing down....EHHHHH!!! WRONG SUCKA!!
So starting with the private practice end of things was cool at first...2 sessions a week or so...a nice...easy pace. Then my guru, Floyd (the gentleman who owns the office) told me to be ready, because my business would double....and unbeknownst to me, it really did! It was so incredibly exciting, but easily overwhelming when I was finally getting into a routine of being home at a normal time...no more school...no more studying (for now)...and then, it turned from counseling 1 night a week to 3 nights a week...and life has kicked my BUTT!! So I am heading into another 5 days and 3 nights week, this week, but next week...CHARLESTON BABY!!! Soooo excited to see my girl Bon!! And after that, I'm SETTING LIMITS!! 2 nights a week tops, if it doesn't work, that's all I can do for now. But it is really so exciting to get referrals and see my hopes and goals starting to come into reality.
Regarding Motherhood; that has been a whole new thing! We have been so busy living life that I didn't have time talk about it! But it's been SOOO fun! Annabelle and I have gotten to this new place, where we just GET eachother! She's communicating all KINDS of crazy! 2 and 3 words together, constantly teaching everyone about who is who, Gracie, Momma, Daddy, Memaw, Pop, De De, Dadda B, Bauer, Etc. It's so cute. She just says hi Mommy, and I say, Hi baby, and she says, Hi Baby!! I mean, we just have a blast and crack up about stuff in the car, and at bedtime, and it's just a whole new place as a momma. After the adjustment to motherhood that I had, eek...it wasn't easy! It's been so revealing to see that I am not alone in that difficulty in going from 0 to 1 in regards to children. I have found so often that others have had difficulty transitioning to motherhood, because there is NOT a rulebook to follow, and no one and nothing can prepare you for all of the feelings that you will feel with all of the hormones that are involved as a new mom!! I have found that, for us, right before we hit a new milestone, it's like maddness a couple of weeks before it's reached!! She is frustrated, I get frustrated, and then bam....she's walking...or....bam...she's talking a ton....or whatever else she does.
18 months though, is a FUN age! Other then the extreme need to show that she does or doesn't want to do something, and random biting that lasted a week, and pinching that started yesterday....it's been fun! Love that little turd. (Of course it's important to note that tonight when Stephen stole my mug of coffee icecream and wouldn't give it back, I resorted to smacking, pinching, and getting super frustrated....I felt JUST like Annabelle. HA!!
But all is well in the Dixon Casa. I toyed with the idea of leaving my FT job and going just to counseling, but I prayed so hard for a clear open or closed door about it, and it's safe to say, God closed it. And I am just not ready to leave it yet. Not just because of my contract from my masters, but because, I really really love my job. I love my coworkers, I love that I get to use my strengths in everyway with my job, and that everyday, I look forward to what I have planned and accomplishing my goals. Everytime my coworkers tell me their client got a job or got accepted to a college they wanted or got their first apartment...even if I didn't help with it, it absolutely makes my day!
So all of that to be said, God is good. And as hard as it seems at times to go with what his will is for my life....our lives....I am always reminded about how good and perfect his will ALWAYS is.
With work....I hit one of the lowest places in my life a few years ago...but I stuck it out, sucked it up, and learned from my mistakes...and God has BLESSED ME!!
With Stephen....I didn't know if I would love him as more then a friend....and kept looking...and KEPT coming back to him....and back and back and back...because I could always be ME...and finally, we went for it....and let's be really honest...I have been LUCKY!! :) No, BLESSED! Becuase I truly believe there is no one else out there that could love me the way he does and amount he does just in his little pinky...that man is my SOULMATE!With Motherhood.....No, I wasn't "ready," so I thought, and I had my plan...but God's was SOOO much better! We are blessed with the cutest, funniest, curliest, smartest, little stinkweed and I couldn't imagine life without her.....God has BLESSED US!
With school.....I wanted to quit! I hated 2010! I didn't pass comps at first....I took it 2 semesters early....I didn't graduate with most of my starting class because I bought a house, got married, got prego, had a baby, sold a house, bought a short sale....blah blah blah....it was just A LOT of living while in graduate school, so I graduated a semester behind...but it gave me time to not feel pressure of doubling up on classes and taking more time from my family...and then in the end, I did great, graduated with a solid 3.9 GPA, and started a little private practice where I can set my own pace!....God has BLESSED me!Needless to say, lots of things have happened, and LOTS of things are compromising my time! But I miss reading about what's going on with my friends. I miss SEEING my friends! I miss relating to my mommy-sisters about the funny quirky stages our kids are in....I miss it all!
I hope this silly blog finds you all doing well, and I hope to hear from you all about what's been going on with you. Much love, and keep me posted. I'm still here...and one day....I am CONVINCED it will slow down!!
Jo







Thanks for the update. I've missed hearing from you and seeing pictures on here. I'm amazed at all that has happened in your life in the last few years. So glad you're always there for me with tips or simple encouragement. You're a blessing to me and I love you.
ReplyDelete