We went to the Pancake Pantry with dad while mom was in her conference, and walked the strip some. We strapped little bit into the bjorn and she just soaked up the "Gatlinbur
g Culture" as you might call it. We even had a rediculious onsie spraypainted to mark this special event!We shopped at "Ranger Bob's," in search of dad who couldn't get enough of their cabin decor, bought cotton candy,
Friday night we managed to rack up a rediculous bill at "the Peddler" for steak and chicken...YIKES! So Saturday...we took it down a notch, and hit up "No Way Jose's" for some mexican cusine...and margaritas!
Of course the famous line from Sweet Home Alabama rushed through my head when a couple asked if they could take a picture of our beautiful baby..."You've got a baby....in a bar..." Granted, it was just a mexican resturant...but I imagine they were on their way out and done for the night. (and of course they did not get a pic)
Needless to say, we had a great time. Vacations are SOOO different with a baby. Good, fun, but different. She had her own queen sized bed that she was not so sure about her first night, but was accustomed to by night 2. She traveled great and made things fun, maybe a little more challenging, but fun. Poor Stephen, by the time we got home, I told him that I didn't feel like I really "saw him." We never alone which was fun but that feeling arose of "I miss you" with my fella. He's just too wonderful, I guess I just can't get enough!
Reality awaits us in the morning. Back to the grind, work, school, practicum, home, repeat....I think a weekend vacation a month should be manditory.
Thank you Gatlinburg...for your tacky hairdo's, spraypaint artwork, funnel cakes and pancakes, heartshaped beds, and memory making opportunities! DESTIN, FL...we are on our way in MAY!! Whoop Whoop!!






love the onsie! ha. kills me.
ReplyDeleteso glad you guys were able to get away. i know the feeling of spending time with your mate but feeling like you didn't really get to spend time with him. it felt that way over holiday when we spent the whole time together but with both of our families - so no REAL alone time. so sweet and important that you're that crazy about your hubby!
love you.
I love that you guys were able to get away for th weekend. And Annabelle in a gburg onesie is more than I can take. You should have gotten her named airbrushed on a ginormous bow for her precious head.
ReplyDeleteHILARIOUS AMBER!! Blair, I feel ya!! Try being alone in your hotel room with your hubby and baby...let's just say, it didn't happen!! HA!
ReplyDelete