Thursday, May 6, 2010

Once Ya Go Black...

So we leave for the beach this Saturday and I decided..."I need to get an early start on packing" since I usually start the night before and tend to do 5 loads of laundry, small loads, and the last usually 2 or 3 staple items that MUST go and don't even COUNT as a load of laundry!

So I'm going through my closet and trying on things, looking at options...and holy crap! The EXPLOSION of BLACK is unending in there!! I mean, I always knew Black was classic...but I have taken it to a new level!! Black short sleeved shirt, black 3/4 sleeve shirt, black button up, black slacks, black capris, black halter, black dress, black tanks, black halter dress, black strapless dress....you get the picture!

And don't get me wrong, I have white, yellow, orange, red, purple, blue, green, brown too...and in that order (I'm a little obsessive about clothes hanging order....all facing left short to long sleeve, color coordinated). But once I went through and weeded out what I do and don't wear and can and can't wear...I was amazed!

So I packed...it was sad, literally, like I'm in mourning!! But I managed to spice things up with a red tank, a green dress... I didn't think I was trying to hide as much as it is evident that I am! And I could have flipped to know that the ONLY black item in Stephen's closet is the black golf shirt I got him for his birthday last year. Wow. I mean black is classy...slimming...a staple!

ALL THIS TO BE SAID, these beach pictures are going to be INTERESTING! BUT, I have lost 5 pounds! I haven't been fully devoted to WW's but I am much more aware of what I eat and how much. I have cut back on sodas, and found that when we keep fresh lemons in the house, I ADORE water with lemon! So I order that more.

So the next pix you'll see of me, will likely be me...in something black...next to Stephen in something colorful...holding Annabelle in something FABULOUS!! Poor girl, she gets it all taken out on her with big bows, pricey outfits, and overall preciousness!! But I'll spice me up with some jewlery...and a HECK of a good tan!

ENOUGH SAID!!!

(seriously, you should go through my FB pix....insane!)

5 comments:

  1. I'm the opposite. My closet looks like it belongs to Rainbow Bright or Punky Brewster.I need to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aly, you have no idea HOW MUCH I LOVE organizing closets. It's my secret dream job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne you want to come organize?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should post a picture of your closet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. girlllll....you know i am right there with you! And yet still I think..."i need a new black dress."

    ReplyDelete