Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mama Luv

This wonderful baby is so in love with me. I tell ya, I don' t know when I've felt so NEEDED and important! It's official according to Stephen, her first word is "Mama" and the best way to hear it is for her to see me leave the room! Pitiful little turkey!

She can't stand to see me go, can't stand to eat any breast milk substitute, and can't stand to see me upset! As many of you know, our Miniature Schnauzer, Gracie, is a bit of a howler. We howl, she howls, and for a moment, we all speak the same language! Annabelle though...hates it. She hears me sad, Gracie sad, so in turn....she gets sad. It's SOO pitiful! My little dumplin is a softie for us, what can we say??

Now today, a new undertaking happened...

I'm her CHEW TOY! Now she has 1 tooth and has flirted with a nip here and there, but now, she is working on her 2nd tooth on the bottom...and honey, she is a KILLER! 4 times today!! FOUR!!! So the first couple of times were this morning, and I squelled, and she flinched and whimpered a little....but tonight, she GOT ME! I SCREAMED! Try as I might to hold it in, it caught me so off guard I couldn't help myself. She cried a little, then about 4 minutes later, did it again, same boob, and holy cow, that time I squeeled again and thumped her cheek, and wow...you really would have thought I had done something heinous!!

She cried and cried and when I comforted and brought her back to nurse, she turned her head and didn't want to have anything to do with it!! I really think I broke her little heart!! So Daddy finished things up with a bottle, and off to bed. My sweet sweetie is just so tender! She didn't know what to think of me being upset. We'll see if she comes back for more tomorrow, though I must say, I am a little gun shy, as is she.

SO my little girl is partial to some mommy luv but has come leaps and bounds from the oddly partial 7 week old who wanted to be loved and held only by her mom and dad.

7 months old, and growing and going strong! Florida trip is a week away and I think her little army crawling self will be up on all 4 and making rounds at the casa in Destin!!

1 comment:

  1. I am dreading the nipple biting! Beatrice is a mama's girl too. JD reminds me that she will soon be a daddy's girl so I better enjoy it while I can. Sweet, sweet babies!

    ReplyDelete