So it was just Little Bit and I this weekend!
I found very early on Saturday morning that the best way to avoid missing Daddy too much....STAY BUSY!!
So the weekend started with Stephen heading out for his golf trip to Alabama with his buddies in the morning on Friday, and Annabelle coming with me to the office. We were surprisingly productive, and luckily, I could get a few things done from home during her nap, and then when she was up, she hung out with me at the office! She did so good, smiling, and flirting, playing and just getting into her diaperbag while I finished up a few things.
Then, after we got all finished up at the office, we met up with Aunt Janet and Cousin Rachel late in the day to get a sneak peek at what was going on at the Flea Market. I also was ready to buy the Anchor Smocked dress I saw out there this time last year. I figure if you think about something for a year and still really wish you had gotten it, it's time to make it happen!! They only had it in 24mo and 3T, so this time next year, she should be able to make it happen!
(Luckily I still had the picture I took of it last year on my phone to make sure I didn't get one that was a little different and that I didn't like as well)
So our weekend continued with Saturday, and I must say, there is nothing that makes me happier then my little love bug being so stinkin happy every morning!! DiDi, she is in the process of DEMOLISHING the bedding you made her! She pulls it down to peek through and listen for me getting up. I know this because when she hears me, she starts talking a LOT, so I have to start a game of "PEEK A BOO" before I can go to the potty!
SO, we didn't know quite what the day had in store for us...so we hung out a bit at home...but that got WAY too sad for us! We were cuddling in daddy's chair and decided, that after her morning nap, we were heading out with 4 generations of the women in my family! My grandmother (86) came over to stay with my folks while my aunt was out of town, so grandma didn't have to be alone. Grandmother is getting older and was upset about not feeling like getting out much any more. SO, we took a joy ride on that beautiful day! We drove mom and grandma over to the subdivision we plan to settle into....if our house ever sales!!
Then we drove up to Gallatin to see Andrew at work, then decided...."What the Hey, let's check out the highway 52 yardsale!" So up to Portland we went...and decided, nope...I don't think there is anything here that we need, and you know, some days you're into yard sales, others...not so much! So we dove to the England Strawberry farm, and mom and I picked fresh strawberries for us all, and went home to make a strawberry pie!
Oh yeah, not before we got stuck for an hour and a half coming down I-65 for construction that WASN'T Happening!
Needless to say, we were PLUM TUCKERED the minute we walked in the door!!
Annabelle was so so great! ALL WEEKEND! I tell ya, I think my getting out with her a lot when she was first born and ever since was the best thing I could have done, because even stuck in the car forever, she was just a peach! Happy, flirting and playing with Great-Grandma, and therapy to grandma's soul!!
So Sunday, it was bath time. She was in MUCHO need, and she just loves taking baths, and she makes me smile because she is so chirpy and happy in there!! See why?
For church, she wore my old Mrs. Melton's dress with her new bonnet her DiDi made her, and was just the cutest thing I have ever seen if I do say so myself!! And by the time we got there, she was already done with it!! But don't think that stopped us! She rocked that beautiful bonnet all day!!
So on this sunny-licious day, we forewent the cleaning, and went for a stroll/sprint in the Park (I love Moss Wright being right down the road!) And when Gracie got tired, she just hopped in her basket below and rode along!
But OH how the heat got to us. Sitting in the shade w/ bubbles and litterally pouring water on us afterwards was not enough! So you know what we had to do!!
Yep...we swam it out!! But at first, Annabelle wanted out and Gracie wanted in...but she adjusted to the cold water and had a ball! I wish I could upload the stinkin adorable video of her giggling when I quacked like a duck. It was wonderful! I hadn't heard that chuckle in so long!
So the end of our journey is here...Annabelle is officially on the home stretch of this 2 & a 1/2 hour nap that started on me, and ended in bed. I'll have to go in and wake her up so she won't get up too early b/c she went down at 5!!
So the moral of this story is...I love my hubby!! And I have such a new appreciation for single moms, and the teenaged moms I work with everyday at work! I ADORE may baby and loved every minute of playing and napping with her, but to have to do it alone, with no relief, overwhelms my thoughts! We miss daddy and just heard from him...he'll be here around 10:30pm I suppose...
COME HOME!! WE'VE MISSED YOU!!
XOXOXOXO
(p.s. Aly, not sure how you managed for several months w/o JD!)


















Haha! I guess I did what I had to. But now that he's home, I wonder how I did it without him too. Having those little breaks is so wonderful! Glad you stayed busy and had a fun weekend.
ReplyDeleteYour baby is so adorable! And I love strawberry pie! Cute blog you have here! I came by to welcome you to SITS!
ReplyDelete