My counseling practicum is coming to an end and we were asked to write a brief "bio" about ourselves...Here's what I came up with....
Joanna Finney Dixon
Trevecca University
Marriage and Family Therapy Student
As a child, I was into everything. As a teen, I questioned everything. In college, I challenged everything. As a wife, I embrace everything. And as a mother, I adore everything. Though I have changed with the seasons of life God has brought me through thus far, one thing has remained the same, and that is HIM.
From black and white to Technicolor! God has bestowed his love, grace, and mercy on me, and I am learning daily how to use it my life to glorify HIM! I’ve gotten it wrong a few times, I admit, but I am here, and I am learning that my mind might say one thing, but my heart beats truth. My heart is open and has a passion for working with families. I enjoy marriage work, and that has been my intention for my career. However, I cannot avoid the burden that God has laid upon me of connecting with youth and loving people where they are- but loving them enough not to leave them there. My time at Madison has been revealing, and overall humbling, in not only my goals for my career, but for life as well.
God has struck a nerve in my life, and that is an indescribable passion for my family and placing priority at home. Through that, I can now rest in knowing that if it is a suffering marriage, a hurting child, or a wounded home, I am up for the task and committed to healing, because I know that a happy home and marriage takes work. My motto for my life/marriage/family and now career… “A Good Marriage/Family is like a casserole, only those responsible for it Really knows what goes into it.”
God is doing something in me right now. I'm excited and scared at the same time. Here we go God, I take your hand!
Screen Time Guidance for 12-18 Month Olds
3 days ago






I love you! Hopefully we will never need a marriage counselor but if we do, I want to see you!
ReplyDelete