Wednesday, June 9, 2010

8 Months Old....and NOT Slowing Down!

Oh Our Sweet Little Stinker!!
I can hardly believe she is 8 months old. That means that she is getting ready to be a big girl! My baby is growing up, and I am a little saddened at the thought. 
What's she into right now?
EVERYTHING!! She's still not up on all fours to get around, of course she bounces on all 4's and leaps to do a face plant into the rug, but then, as always, she resorts to the ARMY CRAWL! 
She also officially got her first "diaper rash" last weekend, which really just appears to be from her Pampers Cruisers? Stephen heard about a huge recall and lawsuit for the Pampers DRI FIT, so beware parents, they are under suit for extreme booty problems!  We are now onto TARGET BRAND ONLY!  *Shout out to Dana Rae!*  They are the best thing! They are soft like Pampers, not papery, but $14 a box and hold more w/o rubbing.  Check em out Momma's! As you can see in the picture below...we were letting her "be free" and also she has her first few bug bites from her tree swing out back.
We're still in the process of weaning from mommy milk to formula. Proving to be a little bit hard for both of us. I nurse her in the mornings and evenings and she is down to pure Enfamil during the day. She doesn't love it, so she seems to be slimming up a little bit....could be from all the crawling too though? My goal though is to be done by 9 months...we shall see. I have to say though, I adore that sweet bonding time with my baby girl, and she loves the closeness and comfort it brings too!
I've been keeping a record of all of her Milestones in a Word Document and it just seems so crazy that my little Turkey Ball is becoming her own independent little person so quickly!
Guess what she can OFFICIALLY do now on her 8 month birthday???
YEP!!  We are going to have to drop the bed....YET AGAIN!! Is it normal to be at the lowest toddler level by 8 months??
Annabelle is eating solids with most meals now, says Mama and Dada all the time!  Is learning sign language, we have almost conquered MORE and ALL DONE so far and are adding in PLEASE, WATER, and a few others. She pulls herself up and I must say so myself, she is Strong as a HORSE!! She is just a solid little thing! Walking around with daddy's help, and jumping like a Mexican Jumping Bean in her jump up or anything that allows it.  She proves Over and Over again to have my spirit.  I know....brace yourselves!!
This little lady knows what she wants, when she wants it, and will let you know how she is feeling with the slightest gesture of reaching up for the hair...waiting until you see her....and when you say "NO PULL" (which only works about 1/2 the time) she waits....waits....and if she thinks you're not serious...SNAP shes breaking it off a little at a time!! I mean seriously. She has a patch of 5 inch hair in the back that she can't quite reach, and then 1-2 inches everywhere else!! Still though, she the cutest little thing I've ever seen! She is just feisty and full of life! Smiles ALL the time, and never have I seen such a fun adorable little girl!! But then again....I am just a LITTLE bit partial!




Happy Birthday Annabelle Cate!!
We love you so much

3 comments:

  1. Ruston's crib was on the lowest setting since about 6.5 or 7 months because he's been pulling himself up for awhile... soooo I don't think it's THAT strange to be on the lowest setting. ;) Just wait, now that she pulls up, she'll definitely be moving on 2 feet. Ruston likes to push anything and everything he can in order to use them as a walker. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the Target diapers are working out for you! They're still great for us. Raegan had sleep disruptions when she started pulling up in the crib. If AB has it, it will pass. I'm speaking from experience here of thinking she would never nap again and my life as I knew it was over... so dramatic! It's a fascination phase just like so many other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya!! She might as well be saying "NO NAP!" And this is from my 3 2hour nap girl!! GRACIOUS!! Hopefully we'll get it back together again soon...

    ReplyDelete